Thursday, August 27, 2009

Raymond Feist - Midkemia Novels

Linda has just started reading Raymond Feist and his Riftwar Saga. She commented that she would send me all 4 when she was done if I was interested. I laughed and explained that I'm a big fan of his and have read most of his Midkemia novels, over 20 so far (although not all by him). In order to help her out, I thought I would list all of them here in order of their story.

1. Magician: Apprentice (Riftwar Saga 1)
2. Magician: Master (Riftwar Saga 2)
3. Silverthorn (Riftwar Saga 3)
4. A Darkness at Sethanon (Riftwar Saga 4)
5. Krondor the Betrayal (Riftwar Legacy 1)
6. Krondor the Assassins (Riftwar Legacy 2)
7. Krondor: Tear of the Gods (Riftwar Legacy 3)
8. Prince of the Blood
9. The King's Buccaneer
10. Shadow of a Dark Queen (Serpentwar 1)
11. Rise of a Merchant Prince (Serpentwar 2)
12. Rage of a Demon King (Serpentwar 3)
13. Shards of a Broken Crown (Serpentwar 4)
14. Talon of the Silver Hawk (Conclave of Shadows 1)
15. King of Foxes (Conclave 2)
16. Exile's Return (Conclave 3)
17. Flight of the Nighthawks (Darkwar 1)
18. Into a Dark Realm (Darkwar 2)
19. Wrath of a Mad God (Darkwar 3)
20. Rides a Dread Legion (Demonwar 1)

Interspersed in that list is at least 2 other 3 part series mostly written by others (Janny Wurts, William Forstchen, and S.M. Stirling [there are likely others, but I only had a few minutes during lunch to pull this together]) as well as a video game that stayed on canon (and was eventually novelized as well). We could spend the next two months and never have all of these reviewed. Let me know when you get done with the first 4 Linda, I'll send you the other 16. :)